Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ kit
The Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ is the latest version of our award-winning 3D printers. We have upgraded the MK3S with a brand new SuperPINDA probe for improved first layer calibration, added high-quality bearings and made various useful design tweaks.
The kit includes one Smooth PEI Sheet and a free 1kg filament spool of Silver PLA!
The Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ is the latest version of our award-winning 3D printers. We have upgraded the MK3S with a brand new SuperPINDA probe for improved first layer calibration, added high-quality bearings and various useful design tweaks to make the printer easier to assemble and maintain. The MK3S+ includes all the proven features of the previous models, including the heatbed with removable PEI spring steel print sheets, automatic Mesh Bed Leveling, filament sensor, power loss recovery (power panic) and safety features. And it is still as silent as ever!
The functionality of the MK3S+ can be further enhanced by our unique Multi-Material Upgrade 2S for printing with up to 5 filaments simultaneously.
Winter holidays are just around the corner! If you decided to buy one of our 3D printers for someone else and you’re not sure if the package is going to make it in time, you can download and print one of our gift cards. Add a personal message and give them the card to let them know their 3D printer is on its way!
SuperPINDA probe features a hiqh-quality sensor for a fully-automatic Mesh Bed Leveling process. Before every print, the printer probes the bed in several places and creates a virtual heightmap of the print area. This process ensures that the first layer will always be spot on!
Quality Bearings & more
The MK3S+ features a new set of metal clips for the high-quality bearings on the Y-axis. The belt tensioning mechanism on the X-axis was reworked and the X-end plastic parts reinforced. The filament path in the extruder was altered for better support of flexible filaments.
Removable Print Sheets
Spring steel sheets are easy to maintain and make removing the printed object from the print surface a breeze. We offer three types of print surface: smooth, textured and satin to cover all your needs when printing from a wide range of different materials - most of which do not require any special separation layers or surface preparation.
The MK3S+ features an aluminum extrusion Y-axis assembly. Thanks to the milled dural frame, the MK3S+ is stable, rigid, and easy to assemble. Combined with our internally developed extruder featuring Bondtech gears and the E3D V6 hotend, the MK3S+ can print high-quality objects up to 210 mm in height.
Power Loss Recovery
Are you afraid of a blackout ruining your 48-hour print? Worry no more - the MK3S+ can deal with that! The printer can fully recover from the loss of power and continue printing exactly where it left off. It detects power interruptions and shuts down the heatbed and extruder heating, and saves the last known location.
The MK3S+ further enhances the reworked extruder from the MK3S. The built-in filament sensor uses a reliable trigger system, which detects whether a strand of filament is inserted into the extruder. It can detect any type and color of filament and is not susceptible to mechanical wear.
Mesh Bed Leveling
Thanks to the SuperPINDA probe, the MK3S+ can use the Mesh Bed Leveling process to compensate for microscopic imperfections of the print sheet, and inconsistencies caused by the assembly and stacking of the manufacturing tolerances of various parts. Achieving a great-looking first layer is quick and easy.
Slice with PrusaSlicer
Our internally developed multiplatform slicer comes with in-house made and fully tested profiles for all of our 3D printers and a wide range of filaments. With built-in tools, such as advanced support generation, cutting, automated object distribution, ironing and many others, you will turn your 3D models into print files in no time!
Support for a wide range of Materials
The MK3S+ is fully compatible with a wide range of various types of materials. No matter whether you want to print something for fun from PLA and flexible materials, or you need to produce durable prototypes from PETG, ASA, Polycarbonate and Polypropylene - the MK3S+ can handle them with ease.
Open-source Hardware & Firmware
We develop firmware for all of our 3D printers and test every new version thoroughly before release. Ongoing development and regular updates ensure that our machines are packed with useful features, such as print sheet profiles, automated calibration, Mesh bed leveling, advanced diagnostics, remaining print time estimation, Octoprint support and more!
||25×21×21 cm (9.84"×8.3"×8.3")
||0.05 - 0.35 mm
||0.4mm default, wide range of other diameters/nozzles supported
||Wide range of thermoplastics, including PLA, PETG, ASA, ABS, PC (Polycarbonate), CPE, PVA/BVOH, PVB, HIPS, PP (Polypropylene), Flex, nGen, Nylon, Carbon filled, Woodfill and other filled materials.
|Max travel speed
|Max nozzle temperature
||300 °C / 572 °F
|Max heatbed temperature
||120 °C / 248 °F
||Direct Drive, Bondtech gears, E3D V6 hotend
||Removable magnetic steel sheets(*) with different surface finishes, heatbed with cold corners compensation
|Printer dimensions (without spool)
||7 kg, 500×550×400 mm; 19.6×21.6×15.7 in (X×Y×Z)
||PLA settings: 80W / ABS settings: 120W
* Consumable parts, such as PEI sheets (smooth, textured, etc.) are not covered by warranty as the coatings are designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks, or other cosmetic damage is also not covered by the warranty. Only defective sheets on arrival are covered by warranty.
Full Features List (July 2022 Edition)
- Controller: EINSY RAMBo 8-bit board with Trinamic 2130 drivers (256 microstepping), co-developed with Ultimachine, sensorless homing for X and Y axes
- Mesh Bed Leveling: Advanced high-quality SuperPINDA sensor (Super Prusa INDuction Autoleveling sensor)
- Print sheet profiles: Firmware supports print sheet profiles to store Live Z calibration data to enable quick switching between different print sheets.
- Filament sensor: IR sensor built-in, supports filament auto-loading. Print pauses when filament runs out.
- Power Panic: Hardware-based, single G-code line accuracy
- Ethernet connection: via Raspberry Pi (optional)
- Wi-Fi connection: via Raspberry Pi (optional)
- Advanced sensors: 3 thermistors, fans RPM monitoring, SuperPINDA
- Calibration: Automatic, Mesh Bed Leveling, SelfTest
- Print medium: SD card (16 GB card included)
- Firmware update: via PC (USB cable)
- PSU: Custom-made Delta PSU with hardware-based power panic
- Advanced features: Automatic filament loading, steel sheet profiles, Octoprint compatibility and more
- New features introduced through firmware upgrades